AEC Security has staff who are Independently Qualified Persons (IQP) making building compliance easy. We work with you, maintaining the specified building systems to obtain the annual building Warrant of Fitness.
Independently Qualified Persons (IQP) Testing
AEC Security works throughout Dunedin and Mosgiel, and Central Otago. Notably in Wanaka, Cromwell, Alexandra and Roxburgh. As an IQP, AEC Security undertakes the inspection and maintenance of a buildings particular specified systems stated on a compliance schedule. As an IQP, you must have a thorough knowledge of the Building Act 2004 and of legal obligations under the Building Warrant of Fitness (BWoF) regime.
AEC Security undertakes a wide range of IQP Testing including:
- Fire alarms (including monitored alarms)
- Emergency lighting
- Emergency exits
- Smoke separations
- Final exits
- Fire doors
- Electromagnetic door holders (interfaced fire/smoke door/windows)
- Building owners checks
- Building Warrant of Fitness (BWoF) 12A
- Retention of reports detailing inspections, maintenance and repairs
Maintenance and repairs:
- Emergency lighting batteries and lamps
- Emergency exit batteries and lamps
- Manual call point and break glass replacement
- Automatic doors
- Fire alarm batteries
- All maintenance and repairs are undertaken by registered electricians.